Monday, August 03, 2015

Boardwalkin' and Vining

Hello!

Sorry I missed last week everybody! I went away on vacation and the thought of typing out a new blog post on my phone seemed incredibly daunting. So I didn't.

But I'm back now! And with a fresh new post! About.... uhh...  errr... about this how-to time lapse doodle video I created!




Neat, eh?  I may try doing more of these in the future. Even just selecting the music alone is worth the effort!

I've been continuing to create new Vines as well. The latest was titled "Pug banker". A 6 second glimpse into the life of this little fella crunching his numbers.



Hard working pugs always crack me up. Beyond drawing pugs on vacation I didn't do a whole lot.

Oh! But I will mention Boardwalk Empire!

I've always been a fan of Steve Buscemi's work. All the way back to seeing him in a small role in Jim Jarmusch's 'Mystery Train'.

Top notch character actor.

 But as a main character?

Wow.

I spent a good chunk of my vacation watching the Boardwalk Empire series and have been loving it! I'd watched the first few episodes a couple of years back but it didn't, for whatever reason, really grab me at the time. Now I can't watch it fast enough!  Currently at just the halfway point of the 3rd season. So no spoilers please! :)

Also started reading "To Kill a Mocking Bird" for the first time. I don't know how I managed to avoid reading this classic up until now. As expected, it's great writing! I don't know all the details about the hub bub with "To Set a Watchman" but I'm not going to let that taint my experience with the first novel. I plan to finish the book and then sit and watch the Gregory Peck movie.

The rest of my summer is set! :)

Alright I'll wrap up this week's post here.

Don't forget! I've got a brand new Grickle cartoon called "Dreams of Venus" that will be debuting next week exclusively on the Grickle Channel! 


Till later!




2 comments:

Chuck said...

Boardwalk Empire was a world that I didn't want to end. One of the best TV shows I have ever seen. I have to confess that my favorite habits would be sipping a whiskey while watching an episode. It seriously adds to the experience. :) I was always in love with the 30's and 40's, but this show ignited some fire about the 20's I can't put out. Been listening to a lot of 20's music on Spotify.....Glad you're enjoying the show. I keep hoping that Mark Walberg's (producer) wish comes true of another movie that takes place between the 4th and 5th seasons.....doubt it though....

I also HIGHLY recommend the series Fargo. I was a skeptic, but after eps I was in love.

Looking forward to the next Grickle clip!

grickleguy said...

Ahh yes, a whiskey with Boardwalk sounds like the right idea!

We've had a ton of friends recommend Fargo as well. It's definitely on our list to watch in the near future.

Now you've got me very curious for what happens at the end of the 4th season! :)